- Type of contract: B2B or UoP
- Working model: fully remote
Our client operates as a subsidiary of one of the biggest logistics companies and builds tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the e-commerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces – keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry. They are a purpose- and culture-driven organization that prides itself on connectivity, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
As a Front-End Engineer you will work with the product and UI/UX team on a new products and features or modifying our core services and applications in our quest to help shoppers and retailers connect in new ways.
What you’ll do:
- Design and lead the development of modern and responsive user interfaces;
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to translate design mockups into functional user interfaces;
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to foster a culture of code quality;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including backend developers and designers;
- Implement optimizations to improve the overall user experience;
- Develop reusable UI components to ensure consistency across the application;
- Ensure that frontend applications are accessible and compatible across various browsers and devices.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience;
- At least 4 years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment;
- Hands-on experience in writing production code for web application;
- Expertise in React tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux;
- Understanding of frontend workshops like Storybook for building UI components and pages in isolation;
- An understanding of cloud computing principles and practices; experience with production applications in cloud environments. Azure and Kubernetes experience is preferred;
- Knowledge in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications;
- An understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL;
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as ADO, Jira, Jenkins, GitHub;
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging solutions;
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from delivering complete, well-defined functionalities with high quality standards, through reviewing other Engineers’ code to contributing to design sessions.
• Great partners to work with – sharp engineering minds working on challenging projects to advance the e-commerce ecosystem in the US
• Work in an atmosphere of mutual trust and an open, inclusive culture
• Benefits like life insurance, sports card, and private healthcare
• Nice equipment: strong Macs, two screens, and additional devices you need
• Development budget to further grow your skills
• Remote work (but it would be great if you could come to the office in Cracow 1-2 times every quarter)