- Type of contract: B2B or UoP
- Salary: 93 pln/h B2B; 13k pln/month UoP
- Working model: fully remote
Our client builds tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the e-commerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces – keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry. They are a purpose- and culture-driven organization that prides itself on connectivity, equality, diversity, and inclusion. They are headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland, and we operate as a subsidiary of one of the biggest logistics companies.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Mid Backend Engineer, you’ll help design and develop the services as well as prepare them to scale to the demands of millions of users. This might include ingesting data from our merchant partners, helping the data science team bring their data models to production, or modifying our core services and applications in our quest to help shoppers and retailers connect in new ways. Currently, React and Kotlin are utilized in many key services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Collaborate with developers from analytics, operations, and other engineering teams.
• Help to build a system to visualize and manage orders, deliveries, and returns for a network of suppliers
• Work with Senior Engineers to solve end-to-end problems across a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies.
• Review, recommend and implement new technologies.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Hands-on experience in writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several other languages and like the right tool for the job.
• JVM experience, ideally in production Kotlin.
• An understanding of cloud computing principles and practices; experience with production applications in cloud environments. Azure and Kubernetes experience a plus.
• Knowledge in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
• An understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
• Familiarity with monitoring and logging solutions
• Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with new technology.
• Fluency in English (B2 level minimum).
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
• Great partners to work with – sharp engineering minds working on challenging projects to advance the e-commerce ecosystem in the US
• Work in an atmosphere of mutual trust and an open, inclusive culture
• Benefits like life insurance, sports card, and private healthcare
• Nice equipment: strong Macs, two screens, and additional devices you need
• Development budget (6k PLN per person per year) to further grow your skills
• No fruity Wednesdays and chocolate Fridays – we have snacks, fresh fruits, and whatever you need, all the time
• Remote work (but it would be great if you could come to the office in Cracow 1-2 times every quarter)